Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Glarus Scream IIPA


I bought a 4-pack of this New Glarus Thumbprint Series brew called Scream IIPA about 2 weeks ago. One bottle was opened and consumed and thoroughly enjoyed. More than enjoyed, really, marveled at it's marvelousness, ruminated while enraptured, swooned and surrendered to it's glory. I fell asleep with it and wondered if it was all a dream, after all.

Wait, was it that good, that magnificent, that otherworldly? I should open another bottle and take notes to find out, shouldn't I? Yes, that's what I will do.

Appearance: clear, bright golden hue, big and bountiful ivory head. Looking good.

Aroma: the intersection of tropical fruit fandango and cat pee bonanza. And it's delightful. Citrus cornucopia with pineapple puree. Utterly gorgeous.

Taste: Brilliant blast of bitterness. Fresh and arresting splash of fruity hop flavors, with a meager malt ballast below. Medium bodied at best, with a long, bitter finish. Tasty as heck all the way through. Lemon and lime meets resiny pine. Bright and shiny and ultra/super/mega/uber-hoppy. Yeah, I dig it.

What the label say? Tiny, tiny letters….where's me glasses?

Wait, guess what? They actually have information on their website, the same information from the label (I think)...so, you can read it here. I still can't find the ABV there, though. Why do they keep that a secret? The mysteries remain.

No comments: