Friday, May 15, 2015

St. Feuillien Saison

I'm working away at filling those holes, and found a few missing from the brewery St. Feuillien. What, I haven't had a St. Feuillien Saison in all these years? Well, I had it for the first time when I tapped it back about six years ago at the Blue Nile. It was hard to find kegs after that, but look, lo, and behold, they've canned it! (A few years ago, actually. I guess the lo, and behold, is that I finally picked some up.)

So, without further ado, my notes from September, 2009, of the saison from Brasserie St. Feuillien of Le Roeulx, Belgium. Cheers, Slainte, Prost, and Pache!


Thoroughly hazed, amber-hued, light yellow at base of glass, with a large, proud, and creamy white head holding court on top.

Aromatics: a little sour, then a little sweet, some fruit, citrus, apricot, peach, then creamy and smooth. Again...beautiful fruit, mild, mellow, lovely.

Taste: zesty blast on the tongue, fresh flash of fruit, funk, and sour, ...then, again, all is well and cool. Juuust right. Firm, not meek or watery, and solid. Solid, spritz-y, some peppery spice, mixed always with citus-y feeling. Damn good, this is. You can drink it, and it rewards you for the effort. Pleases the tastebuds, as it trickles down the throat.
Nice stuff, if I can say it prosaically once more.

No comments: