Monday, May 4, 2015

Town Hall Andy's Ale


Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery Andy's Ale. I'm missing information about this one, but it's been around for years. I just keep missing it. It was originally released when long-time bartender Andy…whatsyername, Andy? S-something…I'll think of it soon…well, when he left for California. And they keep making the thing. Like I said, I don't have the facts and ingredients in front of me, but why don't we just start drinking it, eh?

Appearance: clear, clean, amber, slight white head.

Aroma: lightly hoppy aromatics. Matched well with malt, minor bitterness, major fruity esters.

Taste: Interesting and complex in flavor. Hop forward, with an intriguing mix of fruity association, apples, apricots, white grapes, with an astringent hop texture that never quits. Body is medium, with a long, bittersweet finish. Again, I'm missing information, but it seems like it's about 5 to 6 percent ABV. A delicious pale ale, for sure.

I've looked on the Town Hall website, and it's no longer there. Wish they'd have an archive section, with all the old, retired beers. BeerAdvocate.com calls it an American Pale Ale, lists it as 6.6% ABV, and says that it's retired/no longer brewed. Added by BigHuge on 12-10-11. Man, I haven't seen Hugey in a while. Good thing he's holding things down on the Town Hall front. Better than I am, I guess.

No comments: