Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Town Hall Hamlet's Curse Old Ale

A new brew on at Town Hall! Have I had it before? Yes, almost eight years ago, according to a review I posted on BeerAdvocate in July, 2007. Here it is:


Deep magenta hue, slimmish head....

Sweetness in the nose, sweet, firm, distictly malty...dark fruits and minor caramel and toffee...a maltier affair, with plenty of British hops.

Slick, good texture on the palate, toasty, caramel-y, then the mellow fruit, very sweet, but not too much so, well-balanced, indeed.

Full-bodied, with plenty of trick and tickle on the tongue...a sweet and sassy affair...reminds me of Theakston's Old Peculiar...not too strong, thick and malty, but terribly significant and dripping with flavor. Nearly candyish in the malty sweetness, I nearly think. King Caramel.

So many good things going for it, it's tough not to love. Doesn't fit the season, but I've always got a hankering for a brew this good.
I need to start a party, just to have an excuse to spread a beer this good around. Yum, yum, and once again, yum!

No comments: