Thursday, December 17, 2015

Oliphant Junebacca Maibock (Helles Bock)

Here's another Oliphant. beer that's kinda/sorta named for a Star Wars character. There's a reason why it's "June"-bacca, but I don't get it...wait. Now I do. Duh. Mai bock. June-bacca. Got it. Okay, let's drink it....

Clear, and bright golden, with a sizable ivory head that drifts down quickly.

Clean, grainy-malty nose, some hops, slightly floral.

Drink up: crisp and clean, lightly hoppy and zippy, deliciously malty. Light bodied, but fully-flavored and rewarding. This is a right on maibock, guys. Good work. Tasty as heck. Yum, I tell ya, yum.

I almost didn't get this crowler, and was going to choose a pale ale or IPA or such. I'm glad I switched it up. More evidence out there that these guys really know what they're doing.
I asked Jeremy why he used a picture of Phillip Seymour Hoffman as a werewolf to illustrate Junebacca. He said he did no such thing. 



No comments: