Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sixpoint Sweet Action

The sample man came around again, and this time he brought my first cans of Sixpoint, from Brooklyn, NY. Let's start with some Sweet Action. 12 fl. oz. 5.2 % ABV. 34 IBU. Some gobbledygook on the back that I'll read later.

Clear, bright amber coloring, huge, vast ivory head, leaving considerable lace, looking gorgeous.

Beautiful aromatics, soft, sensuous, floral. Just lovely.

In the mouth: clean and lean, soft and satisfying. Light bodied. Delicious. Session ale? You bet. Unfortunately, I lack anything else to say about it. Good beer, you can drink it, blah, blah, blah. What's that gobbledygook say? Not much, actually. I don't feel like typing it, so I'll try to find a link. It is plenty tasty, though. Compelled to peg it, I'd say American pale ale, but it is rather hard to pigeonhole. Everything about this beer feels a little out of the ordinary, and yet it is exactly right. Yum.

I kind of wish I had another.

My inability to categorize, by the way, is not some failing of mine, as evidenced here on the Sixpoint website. It's a great relief.

And before we go, mad props, big ups, and thank you very much to the Sample Man. I will enjoy the next two Sixpoint beers he gave me, and then I'll probably go out and search for the others he didn't and buy them with my own money.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sample Man Will Bring The Others!

Al McCarty said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Remind the sample man of which ones still need to be tried?

Al McCarty said...

Resin, Hi-Res, Crisp.