Friday, December 18, 2015

Wild Ginger Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer

Sometimes the Sample Man has a question for me. "What would you like?" he asks. I answer: "All of them. Bring me all of the beers, for I will drink them. Bring me the beers I might not like, bring me the beers I may not order from you. If you can bring them, please do."


So he brought me this, and so I must drink it. 12 fl. oz. 4% Alc. by Vol. Brewed and bottled (though I have a can) Wild Ginger Brewing Company, La Crosse, Wisconsin.

Clear, dark amber coloring, no head at all.

Hot and spicy aromatics, lively, very ginger-y. Nothing but ginger-y.

Taste: sweet, almost sickeningly so, with ginger flavor smothering over all. Hot stuff. Too much of the ginger, nothing else in it to bring about any kind of joy. But that's if you're looking for something beer-like. This is a boozed-up version of the soft drink known as ginger beer. And just as I didn't care for the idea of an alcoholic root beer, this one brings me no pleasure, either. It's isn't exactly horrible, but I just wonder why it exists.  Does anyone really want this?

No comments: