Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Sixpoint Bengali IPA

Sixpoint Bengali, 6.5% ABV. 69 IBU. Formulated by the Mad Scientists. Sixpoint Brewery, Brooklyn, New York.

Clear, bright amber coloring. Large, looming, off-white head.

Aromatics are as perfect as perfect gets: tropical, flowery, citric, fruity, wild....grapefruit meets mango and melon and pineapple. Just about right on the money. Ah.... I love it.

In the mouth: more fruit, more spice, more pith. Big bitterness, lush malt, clean and tasty. Bright and beautiful. Long bitter finish. Rich delicious malt. So good.

I can't help but like this. It's almost perfect. And I'm not kidding. Nor have I been paid. Yet. Well, in beer, so far. Nothing in cash.

Hey, if it sucked, I'd tell you. And one thing Bengali does not do is suck.

No comments: