Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Oskar Blues Death By Coconut Irish Porter

Oskar Blues Death By Coconut Irish Porter. Alc. 6.5% by Vol. Brewed and canned by Oskar Blues Brewery, Longmont, ColoRADo, USA. "Pass, Dash, Hit." "Coconut, Chocolate, Choconut."

Deeply, darkly brown, tight ring of cocoa-tan foam on top.

Aroma: Chocolate, followed by coconut. Hints of vanilla? No, wait, that was the coconut.

In the mouth: Slightly sweet and saccharine at the start. That is the coconut flavor, all the way. holding sway over a medium-bodied, dark malt-dominated ale. Coconut and chocolate do a tango all the way through. Sweet, dry, sweet, dry, sweet. And that's cool, if you're into that kind of thing. I have to admit that I'm not into the coconut beer thing. It's a fun gimmick, I guess, but I wouldn't return to it too often. I know that revealing this could get me kicked out of the Beer Geek Club, but I have to be me, you know. As the saying goes, Me Do Me.

Good beer, and you drink it if you like a lot of coconut.

No comments: