Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tallgrass Songbird Saison

A visit from the Sample Man again, and I'm glad that he lets me take these home. If I drank them at work, they wouldn't appear here and I couldn't tell you about them. The world would be a sadder place.
Truthfully, I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't had the last one he brought, it sits in the fridge begging to be consumed and reviewed, and I keep telling it "no, not tonight, later for you." And time drags on. The Sample Men, and Women, they appreciate that I'm going to drink these beers and give them some thought. Pressure. It's big, man. I feel like a hypocrite, in a way. Have to drink some beers to maintain my integrity.
So, there are now 5, no 4 after this, Tallgrass beers in the fridge. I'll take down at least a few of them tonight.

Tallgrass Songbird Saison. Alc. 4.8% by Vol.

Clear, pure gold coloring, bright ivory head, slim, but staying.

Gorgeous nose. Spicy (peppers, coriander), citric, perfectly in the Belgian saison tradition.

Tasting it: Light on the palate, easy on the tongue, soft and supple, crisp and easy-drinking. Waves of fruit crashes over the tongue, stone fruit like apricot, with traces of lemon and lime, Belgian yeast, the hints of bubblegum, cracked pepper. A delicate, delicious dance. Refreshing and delicious. Spicy, fruity, and dry all at once.

What's the can say? "A refreshingly tart ale with citrus notes and a light, dry finish." That's all you need to say.

No comments: