Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Modist Deviation 04 Mexican Chocolate Stout

Modist Deviation 04.  Mexican Chocolate Stout. 6.7% ABV. 41 IBU.

I bought this crowler with an idea of what the beer was, then forgot that. Drank the contents unaware of what I was tasting, then had to check the website to be sure.

Solid blackness, slim brown head.

In the nose: toasted malt, caramel, toffee, a hint of cinnamon. Cinnamon. Toast Crunch. Almost. Spicy, just a little. And a good dose of cocoa.

In the mouth: more of that and then some. Malt, spice, warmth. Chocolate abounds in this. Tasty and toasty. Cinnamon, anise, what else? Smooth and delicious. What a treat!

I'm not sure what else to tell you, and I don't have any further information. good beer and I drank it.

Wait, I found the information! "A stout brewed with velvety smooth dark chocolate and vanilla bean with a well balanced cinnamon and red chili smolder."

No comments: