Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Oliphant Toraifosu Belgian-style Dubbel Ale

Oliphant Toraifosu Dubbel Ale. 8.9% ABV.

I can't recall what Toraifosu refers to, although I did ask Matt the last time I saw him. Something. It's got to be something. But, how about the beer?

Dark brown, rich, full, flowering head of creamy-toned head.

In the nose: sweet, creamy, nutty. Caramel and toffee, with Belgian yeast, Special B malt. Vanilla, cocoa, ...just nice. Nothing but nice.

In the mouth: Smooth, sweet, caramel and toffee, cocoa and dark fruits. Delicious. Medium bodied. Long, sweet finish. Little hops. Very true to style. I didn't like this the first time I tried it at the taproom. That was then, this is now. Now, I'm digging it. Digging it big time. So much chocolate, and so much smooth. Richness aplenty. And that ineffable quotient of wow. Mmmm.....wow! Love it.

Tasty, toasty, rich and chocolatey. Mmmm...I said I loved it, right? So delicious. Just flat out yum.

No comments: