Thursday, November 26, 2020

Town Hall Tropical Parachute IPA

 Town Hall Tropical Parachute IPA.


 

7% ABV, Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN. 


Confession time: When I picked up this crowler at Town Hall last week, it was my first time at the brewery since June, for my birthday. I haven't strayed so long since probably that time years ago that they were closed for remodeling. I haven't done much traveling and visiting breweries recently. There's something about not being able to sit at the bar that I'm uncomfortable with. And now, bars are closed again, for the COVID. Sad. But, we've got to get it right, finally, at last. Whatever it takes to end this thing. 

Clear, bright golden color, sizable slab of ivory froth, lasting long. 

In the nose: slight sweetness, more tropical tones than citrus here. 

In the mouth: Moderate bitterness boards the palate. Hops are plentifully employed, and deliver some citrus, but more sweet-ish tropical notes. A touch of mango, with a side of lime. Medium bodied, easy drinking, and smooth. 

This is tasty stuff, but not for me. I need more of a bitter bite in my IPA. 

Hoppy tropical fruit IPA with notes of mango, pineapple, and papaya.

No comments: