Sunday, November 15, 2020

Rogue Batsquatch Hazy India Pale Ale

Rogue Batsquatch Hazy India Pale Ale.

6.7 % ABV, 54 IBU. Rogue Ales, Newport, OR. 


So, hazy IPAs don't bug me as much as unlabeled hazies do. I recently had to delete a post about a double IPA from a brewery I love, as I spent so much space and time complaining about the fact that this wasn't labeled as a "hazy" that I completely forgot to describe the flavors of the beer . You wouldn't have wanted to read that at all. You probably don't care to hear me rant against smoothie sours and marshmallow beers, either, so I'll keep avoiding them. Or maybe you do, but I'm still spending my money elsewhere.

And when Rogue (who I haven't sampled in at least six years. Odd that they were once a staple at Acadia for whatever reason, and I never ordering a keg, once in five years.) comes out with a hazy IPA that's only $8 for a six pack of 12 ounce cans, you can bet I'll be trying it. 

It's hazy, bright golden hued, large white cap of foam. 

In the nose: Soft, citrusy, slightly sweet. Trademark Rogue yeast. 

In the mouth: Juicy, sweet, light bitterness on the palate. Medium-bodied, easy-drinking, with the flash of the tropical tastes mingled with the citric. Just enough lingering bitterness to keep me happy. Not a bad IPA at all, and you can drink it. 

For years, rumors have circled that deep in the woods on Mount St. Helens lives the fabled Batsquatch. While there are many tales of Batsquatch, they are all a bit hazy on the details, which makes the truth such a juicy mystery. So what better way to honor the elusive legend than with a hazy IPA? Perfect for camping and potentially making a new friend. This juicy, cloudy IPA features intense tropical flavors and aromas.


No comments: