Monday, November 30, 2020

Crooked Stave Hop Savant Brettanomyces IPA

 Crooked Stave Hop Savant Brettanomyces IPA .

6.7 % ABV, Crooked Stave Artisan Btewing Project, Denver, CO.

And here we have the first ever appearance of Crooked Stave here in the Nib. Why? No reason. Sometimes, things happen that way. It certainly won’t be the last.

Opaque, bright amber color, slim white head.


In the nose: big funk, wild sour, Intense Brett effects. I’m a fan from the start.

In the mouth: more funkier, juicier, just a little bit bittierer.....I’m digging it. Stone fruit, s9me citrus, big bitter, , oak, crazy fermentation, medium bodied, long  bitter/sour/funky flavor. 

I may be in the minority, but I love Brett IPASs. I eat em up with a ladle. Slurp em up. Love. Them. And this is a good one. 

India Pale ale brewed with brettanomyces. Dry-Hopped w/ Centennial & Simcoe




No comments: