Sunday, November 29, 2020

Modist No Save Point Double Dry Hopped New England IPA

 Modist No Save Point Double Dry Hopped New England IPA.


6.9 % ABV, Modist Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.


Even while I strive to avoid the $16 + 4-packs and these DDH IPAs that all taste the same, I succumbed to this one. Why? Because, for some reason it’s all the rage. We couldn’t restock it fast enough. People tore it from my hands as I tried. What’s the big deal, just because they collaborated with some well-known rapping combo? Let’s find out what the fuss is all about.

Note before we start: I still don’t know what the band’s name means, what the name of this beer is all about, or what the hell is going on in the label illustration. No matter, we’re here for the beer.

All hazy like, bright golden hue, slim white head, leaving lace.

In the nose: citrusy hop notes, yeasty fuzz.

In the mouth: explosion of bold citrus hop flavors on the palate. Well-rounded, smooth, easy drinking.slight sweetness, but ultimately ending dry. Leaves the palate ably acquitted. And there’s that yeasty, hazy fuzz that I really don’t care for at all, nor do I get why it’s so necessary these.

All in all, it’s a tasty one for sure, but there’s not much separating it from all the others. “Another one of those? Sure, if I have to...”

Modist x Run the Jewels

Double Dry Hopped New England IPA brewed with Maris Otter, malted oats, wheat malt and flaked oats. Hopped with Cryo Sabro then double dry hopped with our selected Strata, Citra, Mosaic, Cryo Citra & Cryo Mosaic.

No comments: