Thursday, October 27, 2011

Deschutes Inversion IPA

I first tried this one in July of last year. Check these notes out:

Deschutes Inversion IPA.
Let's see if this turns me on my head.

Lightly hazed, coppery color, beige head, a little thin, but staying.

Aroma, softly bitter, citric fruit, subtle caramel tones, too. 

Tasting it: bitter blast at first, zesty hit of hops, leading right into caramel malt, setting the stage and holding it down. Great balance. Lovely little two-tone shuffle, pleasingly palatable. 

Oddly enough, I'm appreciating the intensity of the hoppy attack on the palate more as the bottle empties, and the brew occupies my insides. Malt gets sweeter, hops bitterer. At glass half full, the two parts of this brew stand out more, pronounce themselves clearly, burning bright among my senses. That means I like it. 

Long lasting bitter finish, medium bodied, and for the hop-head, quite on the drinkable side. 

This new-to-me Deschutes I've had since they've entered this market, and am I glad it's here. This one may be a staple of my summer imbibement.

No comments: