Monday, October 17, 2011

Flat Earth Belgian Pale Ale

Another from this fest, that I've tapped off and on over the past 4 1/2 years. Here follow my notes from the first tapping, March, 2007:


Appearance: clear amber hue, edging on bronze, with a nice tapioca-ish head that looks good at first, but dies down quickly. 

Aroma: musty, yeasty, funky malt, little hops, lightly sweet, complex, and pleasing to the nose. 

Taste: clean, yet zesty, mostly malt and yeast, spicy. Lean-bodied, very refreshing, easy-drinking, dry, even finish. 

Quite an interesting brew this one, very mellow, smooth, but with a special Belgian kick in it. Low on the alcohol, and with hardly any hops, this is just any easy drinker all the way, with plenty of character. 
As for me, though, I could use more body, more malt, more yeast, even...it looks and feels filtered, and I feel I'd enjoy it more if it weren't. 

No comments: