Monday, October 17, 2011

Leffe Blonde

Here's another I had on tap this weekend, and for the first time, too. It'll be back when we do Belg-a-Rama #9. Leffe Blonde,  a very popular Belgian ale, and for good reason. Here are my first notes from way back in February, 2003.


Color: a clear gold. 
Head: a nice, fluffy white.
Aroma: sharp with spicy notes, sweet with citrus and fruit, peach, apricot. Palate is sweet and smooth, with full malt. Hops are playing it cool, but give a nice little tingle on the tongue. Light body, low carbonation, good texture.
Overall, uncomplicated, fine, if unremarkable.

Nothing really to add to that. It's easy to drink, goes down smooth, and offers some flavor. Accessible, some would say (even  myself). I call it a good ol' drinkin' beer. But I would only have if there were no better Belgians around.

No comments: