Saturday, September 5, 2015

Dave's BrewFarm Les Trois Grains


Dave's BrewFarm Les Trois Grains.

I wasn't there when this one was on tap. There was a growler left over, and I snatched it up, but I couldn't get the official description. It's wrapped around the neck and taped to the bottle. I can only read half of it. All I can tell is...barley, rye and wheat...."A tour de force of grains!" "Nugget and Crystal" 6.4% aBV. "cinnamon" "Fermented"...hm....I'm getting some idea....

Dark, burgundy-hued, smallish, off-white head.

Brown sugar, dark malts, light spice...there's that "cinnamon"...richness and sweetness, with just enough hop for balance. Beautiful.

In the mouth, we're getting the rye, first and foremost, Spicy and bready, and deep and delicious. Other spices mix and mingle. Spicy, malty, richness and goodness. The rye blends with barley and covers the wheat. It's smooth and rough at once and very likable.

Just one of the many fun experiments still to be enjoyed at the LaBrewatory, while we can.

No comments: