Friday, September 18, 2015

Alesmith X Extra Pale Ale

The sample man continues to rain Alesmith bottles on me. I should consider buying some, shouldn't I? That's how they get you, the sample men, give you all the samples and make you feel obligated. There are a lot of considerations, but I will keep them on top of my lists. Considering that I wrote this back in July, 2003 about Alesmith X Extra Pale Ale, from Alesmith Brewing, San Diego, California, American Pale Ale, 5 % ABV.

Appearance: very pale, lightly orangey color, with a nice, blooming white head.

Aroma: big with the fruit, sweet rich with peach, aprricot, grapefruit, citrus, in that order, and a touch of spikey pine sensation.

Taste: mellow, sweet, yummy, bowling over with fruitiness, and never too hoppy.
Decent texture, light/medium bodies, moderate bitterness.

A very acceptable American-style Pale Ale, easy coming, easy-going, tasty, and a pleasure to throw back.

No comments: