Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Goose Island Sofie Saison

Goose Island Sofie saison. I can call this the first beer I ordered for Acadia Cafe. We were set to do an event with Goose Island for their Migration Tour back in July, on a Wednesday, and I was filling in for Jeff, who was on vacation. Our distributor rep told me that we were doing 312 Urban Wheat and Bourbon County Stout, and just for kick I tossed on a 1/6 barrel of this one, too. Imagine my surprise when I sold faster than the Bourbon County. It is July, after all, and as I said when I wrote these notes from a bottle originally, back in January of 2010, it is a good saison.


Goose Island Sofie saison, 6.5% ABV.

Clouded, "white", prodigious head, lively and lovely.

Beautiful, spicy aromatics, coriander, ginger, clove....bright and sprightly.

Spice hits the palate right up front, very spritzy, with delightful spice...Mmmm, smooth,wheaty, easy-drinking, delicious....nice, grainy/grassy texture. Some malty, spicy flavor, then all is smooth...

Spice never quits, never never flags...really great saison!

By the way, I waited a bit too long to snap this pic. The keg ended halfway into the glass. Close enough, I decided.

No comments: