Monday, September 21, 2015

Oliphant Dr. Richard Punch Milk Stout

Oliphant Dr. Richard Punch milk stout, 4.7% alc./vol. 1 quart/ 32 fluid ounces, somerset, wi.

Dark, dark, dark, with a rich, roasted tan head on top.

Aromatics: Creamy, lightly roasted/toasted, sweet and malty.

Taste: what can you say about milk stout? Smooth, creamy, rich, but drinkable. Cocoa and cream. Hop buzz is high, making for great balance. I said smooth, right? I said rich and creamy? I said milk stout? It's all those things and more.

I like it. Good beer. You can drink it. Cheers to that.

I was curious about why Dr. Steve Brule, John C. Reilly's character on "Awesome Show! Good Job!" was next to Dr. Richard Punch. Was he the illustration for this beer on the chalkboard? No, he was there for the beer before it, and they left him on, keeping the Dr. theme. 

No comments: