Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fulton 300 India Pale Ale

Fulton 300 India Pale Ale, brewed and packaged by Fulton Brewery, Minneapolis, MN. Alc. 7% by Vol.

Clear, bright gold/amber hue, solid white head atop.

Gorgeous aromatics: floral, citric, lightly tropical. Just lovely.

In the mouth: big blast of bitterness at the front, softly fading into a light, bread-y malt background. Flat-out delicious. Absolutely perfect. Drinks down easily, and leaves long lasting flavor. This is American IPA done right.

I'm going to read the gobbledygook for you: "We first brewed this Mosaic India Pale Ale to commemorate the 300th batch at our downtown brewery. It instantly became our most celebrated beer and we haven't been able to brew enough of it ever since. And yet you hold one in your hands now. So why are you still reading?"

Because I can drink beer and read at the same time? Duh.

This is one that I passed on the first time I saw it in stores, but after I heard reactions from others, I tried to track it down and was too late. I couldn't get a keg of it for Acadia, either. All sold out! I snoozed and I losed. Now that it's back, I got my hands on some samples and I it's no wonder it's their "most celebrated" beer, it's just right on the money. Mmm, mmm, good.

No comments: