Sunday, November 19, 2017

Cosmos Crispy Dream Vanilla Cream Ale

Cosmos Crispy Dream Imperial Vanilla Cream Ale. All. 8.2% by Vol. 14 IBU. 22 fl. oz. Cosmos Brewing, Hugo, MN.

Clear, golden-hued, slim white head.

In the nose: Sweetness and malt, lemon-y citrus and hops. Touch of vanilla.

In the mouth: Citrus-y hop flavors, moderate bitterness, bright, sweet, malty. Clean and smooth, light bodied, and over-ly sweet.

"Imperial Vanilla Cream Ale." Huh. Never heard of one of those. And I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Imperial Cream Ale. Bit of an anomaly there. Too strong. Too ...too.

I'll read from the label: A smooth and full flavored imperial ale that's creamy, but not overly sweet. Notes of vanilla make this a fun palate pleaser. 

I beg to differ. It is overly sweet, and I'm not really groovy on it. Pass. Hard pass.

No comments: