Sunday, November 12, 2017

Warpigs Lazurite India Pale Ale

Warpigs Lazurite India Pale Ale. 6.8% ABV. 70 IBU.

Clear (-ish), bright golden hue, beautiful ivory, lace-leaving head.

In the nose: assertive hop bitterness screams out, spraying citrus notes and pine. Aggressive, but not unbalanced. Lovely.

In the mouth: It's off the hook, what seemed assertive in the nose is an all-out attack on the palate, but matched with malt to keep it under control. Citrus-y hop bite on each subsequent swallow. Grassy, piney, lemon-y flavors never quit, rage upon the tongue and the roof of the mouth. The senses are under siege.

I got tired of waiting for the sample man, so I got a six-pack myself and finished in off in no time. Good thing Sample Man finally came around so I could review it, (and I definitely will get a keg, or two!).

Medium bodied, long, bitter finish, delivers all the IPA flavor you're screaming for.

No comments: