Friday, November 10, 2017

Olvalde Farm Ale From The Old Vale

In writing this next post, a realization came over me. An embarrassing one. I have always referred to this brewery as "Olvalde Farms". It is not. It is Olvalde Farm, singular. Armed with this new knowledge, I must now go back and edit all past entries. And if you've never read, you would never have known of my mistake. So, I admitted this for nothing. Once again, the Bitter Nib is the beer blog that bares all, to no avail. You're welcome. (Strangely, I always copied the correct name off of the label, but went ahead and said 'farms'" anyway.)

Olvalde Farm Ale From the Old Vale, or the Brave Little Brewer, ale brewed with natural flavors, unfiltered and refermented in the bottle, local & native herbs, local hops. Olvalde Farm and Brewing Company, Rollingstone, MN. Also on the label, the words "Cepuros" and "Pandecter", which mean nothing to me. 7% ABV, 68 IBU.

Clear, bright golden color, slim white head.

In the nose: tart, fruit, spice. Wild & funky. I like it.

In the mouth: More wild, funky, & strange. Moderate hopping, medium malt, light body. Oddly flavored. Not bad, just odd. Not quite like any other flavor I've gotten from your average beer. Well, Joe Pond doesn't make average beer.

Citrus-y, slightly sour, and uniquely spiced. Certain to put many off, this is not for everyone. Polarizing, you might say. Me, I stand on the other side. I find this to be a delightfully quirky and refreshing Belgian-style brew.

No comments: