Thursday, November 16, 2017

Oliphant blizzard of '91 pecan pumpkin pie blizzard ale

Oliphant blizzard of '91. "Pecan pumpkin pie blizzard ale." 4.1% Alc./Vol. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

I recall that blizzard of '91. Who among us can forget it. Shut the whole darn town down. Except the muffin shop I worked at back then. They wanted me to come in. So, I waited and waited for the bus, like an idiot, to wait around for customers who weren't there because they took the day off and stayed home, like smart people. I'll bet this beer won't suck, unlike that Halloween blizzard.

Clear, Amber/bronze. large and lasting ivory head. Nice.

In the nose: Sweet, malty, vegetal. If there's pumpkin here, I'm getting it. Pecan? Yeah, sure. Spicy, pumpkin-y, nice, once more. A little toasty, tasty, mmm....

In the mouth: more sweet, more spicy, more tasty. Medium body, long malty finish, vanilla, pumpkin, sweet, spice, yum. A sometimes treat. I'm taking down this big ol' crowler by myself, but it's more than enough. It's definitely delicious. Has everything in just the right amounts, not too much, not too little. Damn.

I'm going hunting for more of this. It'll be perfect for Thanksgiving.


No comments: