Sunday, November 5, 2017

Oliphant Leche Dorado de Kittay

Oliphant Leche Dorado de Kittay Cream Ale with vanilla, lactose and spices. 4.8% ABV. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI. Canned on 10/16/17.

Lightly hazy, bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: the milk comes first, the cream, the smooth, the sweet. The vanilla. Delightful. Not what I'm on the hunt for on an average day, but pretty damned pretty.

In the mouth: Creamy, sweet, lush, vanilla-y. Minimal hops, moderate malt. Quite tasty. Smooth. Delicious. Give this to the person who "doesn't like beer", asks for "the least hoppy", would normally be drinking a "Sex on the Beach." Or some such.

At last, the mystery of Garfield as Occtoberboi is
revealed. He started as the illustration for this one.
Creamy, yummy, .....and yet, I still don't like lactose in beer. Except sometimes. But particularly not in a cream ale, which is a style I don't prefer. But people who like cream ales should love this. So, why am I drinking this one? Because, as I stated previously, I have an uncontrollable urge to try all of the Oliphant beers and write about them. It's impossible, but I try nonetheless. Someday I will also have every appearance of Benjamin J. Grimm in a Marvel comic book from 1961 to say, 1986. I will, someday. I promise this to you.

Meanwhile, this beer? Sweet, but balanced, and oh, so, drinkable. And not what I like to drink. Someone in your life will love it, though Someone in everyone's life should.

the city of gold was never a city but instead a fancy, lovely kittay. 

cream ale w/ lactose, vanilla, and golden milk spices. 4.8% abv. 


kitty.

No comments: