Thursday, June 9, 2022

Wabasha Kölsch of the Wild

 Wabasha Kölsch of the Wild.

4.8% ABV, 19 IBU. Wabasha Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

A Kölsch should never look like this. This beer 
Shouldn’t have left the brewery.

Clear, amber-ish hue, slim white head. (Wrong color/ look entirely)

In the nose: soft, mild, lightly fruity. 

In the mouth: I wish I were able to say “crisp” or “clean”, but it is neither. Light, yes, and yet, not light enough. Too much malt, too much body, and all the wrong flavors. Too grainy, many off flavors. Unpleasant. Hardly resembles a Kölsch in the slightest. Not enjoyable in the slightest. 

This might be a drain pour.why should I suffer? I shouldn’t. Down you go.

Light in body with a crisp clean finish (formerly Road Closure).

I keep giving Wabasha the benefit of the doubt and they Continue to disappoint. I knew they’ve made some decent beers, but I can’t seem to find them. 

No comments: