Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Toppling Goliath Pineapple Papaya Fandango

 Toppling Goliath Pineapple Papaya Fandango. Kettle sour beer with a Pineapple & Papaya.

5.1% ABV. Toppling Goliath Brewing, Deborah, IO.

Hey, look, I’m having me a Toppling Goliath, what do know about that? I don’t do TG much because all of their IPAs are hazy and always sell for $18+ a 4-pack. And I rarely do their fruited sours because it’s not my favorite style and those go for $24 a 4-pack. Well, I have one now.mThanks, Dave.

Clear, bright golden/ amber hue, slim white head.

In the nose: sweet and sour, together at last, with appropriate fruit piping in.

In the mouth: big pucker at the start, swallowed up by candied sweetness. More papaya than pineapple. And more sweet than sour.Light bodied, lingering tartness. 

This is the sort of thing where a smaller pour, 10 ounces, 6, 4, would have been fine. But I will finish all 16 because that is my vow. If only I weren’t on this mad quest to turn out so many blog posts, I would’ve put it away to share with others some future day. 


Conjure up warm-weather vibes with this kettle sour. Tropical papaya and fresh-squeezed pineapple juice will transport your taste buds to a tropical wonderland. Sweet, tart, and then sweet again.

No comments: