Monday, June 27, 2022

Wooden Ship Lost in the Waves Pale Ale


 Wooden Ship Lost in the Waves Pale Ale.

6.7% ABV. Wooden Ship Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

I don’t do crowlers much these days. Paying $8-12 for something I have to consume in one sitting is something I try to avoid. But I had some free pint tokens burning a hole in my pocket, and little cash. So, how do I leave a decent tip? Buy a crowler and tip on that. And although they had an enticing array available, I bought the beer closest to an IPA, cause that’s how I roll. 

All hazy, for some reason. Dull yellow color. Slim white head.

In the nose: soft and citrusy. Some small sweetness.

In the mouth: lime and grapefruit taking command, lemon and orange on the side. Crisp and snappy. Clean and balanced. Well drinkable. Smooth, medium bodied, refreshing. Not too shabby there.

I do wish it were crisper still, cleaner yet, and, dare I dream, clearer?

A pale ale made with Cascade and Centennial hops

No comments: