Sunday, July 3, 2011

NoteBook Cover Beer Collages, Part 1




From June 2002 until ...I guess, late 2004?...maybe?...I did my beer note-taking in wide-ruled notebooks, with the marbled covers, typical "theme" style for students. (By 2005, I started either writing directly on BeerAdvocate, while online, or typing it out on my laptop, for uploading later. I got all high tech, no more pen and paper.)
All my early scribblings are in there, as well as notes of a personal nature when it became a beer diary, as well as personal recollections on my journey into creating a beer bar, some of the early beer lists, various ramblings and bitlets, etcetera. I glued the labels on the opposite pages, if I could, and when I had extra or ones that didn't correspond with the reviews, they went on the covers. Many of these label images are gone to the ages, many of them I'll never see again. This was the age of getting seriously into trading, and finding every single beer under the sun that I could possibly find. The collages were another creative outlet for my beer obsession.
Just for fun, here are some of these.

No comments: