Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stone IPA



Drinking on tap now, at Acadia Cafe. First review, from a bottle, back in May, 2003. Here come the notes...(In 2022, I realize that this 2011 post, using notes from 2003, has no illustration, no picture taken at Acadia. Oddly, a 2014 Untappd check-in for this beer used a photo taken at the Blue Nile in 2011 of Stone Ruination IPA,  a different beer entirely. To make up for it, here’s a pic I took in 2018, of a can.)




The grim, growling gargoyle glares at you from the label, both offering protection from all things bland and dire, and also daring those not ready to indulge in a torrent of flavor to begone, and be untroubled by these blissful beers.
Appearance: a perfect, peachy hue, and a good, frothy white head.
Nose: A panoply of fruit, a citric cornucopia. Peaches and apricot, grapefruit, pineapple, melon, berries, and more, all in one little aroma.
Alert and lively, zesty, generous, and gorgeous.
Taste: superb! Fantastic flavor, yet none too bitter. A huge blast of hops jumps on the tongue, but not so severely. A firm body, also, excellent balance and malt backbone.
More of a piney feel comes through as we drink, but it's a minor note among so many others. Finish is medium, but tasty and satisfactory.
This is an IPA the way they are supposed to be.
If these excellent ales were available in my area, you can be sure that my fridge would be stocked well with these. Tasty, and drinkable, and rewarding!
------------------------------------

Now that they are available in my area, for, oh, what's it been, 4 months now? Maybe? Curse my horrible memory...March, I think it was...do they have a regular place in my fridge? I've bought one six-pack, that's it, because, my fridge isn't that big, there's so many other choices, and thirdly, it's so damned expensive. In truth it'll be a now-and-then treat.


No comments: