Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wild Onion Jack Stout


Wild Onion Brewing Co., Jack Stout. "This full-bodied luscious stout is brewed with five different roasted malts, giving it a rich mouthfeel and nuances of chocolate and espresso. 6% ALC/Vol." Brewed and canned by the Wild Onion Brewing Co., 22221 Pepper Road, Lake Barrington, IL. , 12 FL Oz., 355 ml.

Why does "Jack Stout " have a feminine mascot on the can? Or is this a dude with barley malt dreadlocks?And big hoop, come-do-me earrings. I like it, but either the name changes or I have to adjust to this alternative life-style.

Deep, dark blackness, thick, rich, large cocoa-toned head, nice and brown. Looking good.

Aroma: little sweet, little bitter, here's the roast, and along comes some molasses, some chocolate, and a whiff of smoke. Coffee tones, too, of course. Right on aromatics for a stout.

Tasting: fuillish mouthfeel, full bodied, a bit coarse and well-done. Bitterness and roasty-ness runs high, and drinking-ness, or shall I say, Consumability is doing fine. Chocolate and coffee remain a big factor. An easy-drinking, sessionable stout.

Yeah, I'm drinking it, I tried it, I wrote about it, and once it's gone, I will probably forget it and never miss it. As a regular ol' stout, ain't nothing' wrong with it.

No comments: