Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wittekerke witbier



It's been hot lately. Sooo hot. Too darned hot. Can't you feel it, hot, hot, hot. And so on, and etcetera.
When it's like this I like a good witbier. Love them, in fact. Here's a photo of the contents of a can of Wittekerke from Bavik, consumed at the bar at Bryant Lake Bowl, Thursday, June 30.
And here are notes I took from a bottle back in December, 2002:


Big,white head, pale yellow,hazy color.

Deep wheat aroma. Super fresh!

I'm wishing I had more food/spice experience to conjure more descriptors.
The regular gang are in attendance:coriander, curacao,anything else?
Very bright, floral, honeyish, lemony (but don't put a lemon in it, please! Let beer be beer!)
Soft texture, wonderful drinkability, some graininess, but still creamy, luxurious. I could drink this by the pitcher on a hot summer day! Tastes great anytime, though.

---------------
I didn't get a lemon when the bartender served this can for me, but he did so with my first beer of the afternoon, Summit Hefe Weizen. I guess since the tap handle features a lemon, he feels it's necessary, but with me it's always, "no fruit, please!"

No comments: