Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fitger's Apricot Wheat


Another one on tap (I'm fairly sure this is a regular) that I've had in a growler before. Really bad picture due to terrible lighting (again, the 10 seats at the bar were taken, and there is awful lighting everywhere else, especially at night), but, hey, just let me have this one, okay?
Notes from a growler in February, 2007:


Hazed dull orange, or more correct, apricot, under a 1/2" of bone white foam. Looks the part.

Straight up apricot aroma, with glimmers of citrus on the side, a trickle of lemon and orange.

Smooth, sweet, soft and fruity flavor. Mmmm, wheaty. Nice, creamy texture. That about says it all.

Light bodied, tasty, and terribly drinkable. I like this. Not my style so much anymore, but come July I'd fairly toss 'em back.

No comments: