Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Avery India Pale Ale

Here's a first, my first canned beer from Avery, an IPA I've enjoyed many times before (and tapped at the Nile). Here are my first notes from a bottle, June, 2003:


Appearance: clear, pale orange color, fine, if short, off-white head.

Aroma: bristling with pine, citrus, grapefruit, pineapple. Quite a bit of hoppiness in this nose!

Taste: fierce and fiery hop bitterness right up front on the palate, but much appreciated and quite delightful.

Body is about medium and of sufficient heft, although malt is a bit lean in this IPA, abd the hops continue to stand tall in the saddle throughout the drink. But that's what I like, li'l ol' hophead, me.

Relentless flavor, tasty, tasty.
Real humdinger of an IPA that I'd gladly return to, anytime.

No comments: