Sunday, June 10, 2012

Founders Cerise

"Rain, rain go away, come again, some other day..." Damn it, you know that never works. So here I sit, with a fruity flavor in my mouth, keeping it going. Acadia has Founders Cerise on tap, and you know, I wrote about it from a bottle in August, 2009. I'll sip on one, sharing those notes with you, while I listen to a blues singer who plays prettily, but sounds like he stumbled drunkenly into a briar patch and stood up with a throat full of thistles.


Hazy ruby-red color, slimmed head, pinkish.

Tart-n-sweet aroma, definite cherries. Nice.

Mmm, sour, gripping the palate, grabbing and playing with the tongue. Sour and sweet, cherry-licious. Full malty mouthfeel, good solid backbone.

Great little cherry ale. Not too much complexity, just loads of cherriness. That has it's place, sure, but in the end I find it a bit blase'...can't do too much of it.



No comments: