Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tallgrass 8-bit Pale Ale


Tallgrass 8-Bit, Hop Rocketed, Galaxy Hops, 5.2% ABV, brewed and canned by Tallgrass Brewing Company, Manhattan, Kansas.

Lightly clouded, golden hued, nice 1/4" of snowy white foam on top.

Bright, lively citric aromatics. Lemon and orange, with a hint of pineapple. Banana? A bit. (No pun intended.)Very nice.

Taste: smooth, clean, drinking like a dream. Some extra creamy character in there, too. Is this unfiltered? Am I tasting the yeast? Something tells me I am. Oh, yeah, that's some suspended yeast in there, now that I pour the rest of the can into the glass.
Nicely hopped, and soft on the palate. Sometimes you want that in a pale ale. This is one of those times. Hoppiness continues, dropping off mildly on the tongue. Fresh, lightly bitter, and refreshing.
I like it.
So, who's got another quarter?

No comments: