Friday, June 15, 2012

Magic Hat Blind Faith I.P.A.

Here's another one from those first trades, way back nine years ago, Blind Faith IPA, in the English style, from Magic Hat. I'm not very fond of it, but I'm surprised by what I found lacking back in 2/03. Malt was lacking? Nowadays, I just find it uninspiring. Notes, away...


Color is a peachy amber hue, with a nice 3/4" bubbly, off-white head.


 Aroma exudes esters from the start, a heady jolt of peach, apricot, grapefruit, citrus, pineapple, a singular brand of hoppiness. 


Fierce bitterness greets the tongue and stays along for the ride, and malt is hardly accountable. Medium body. 
Scintillating hop buzz creates an everlasting finish, but it's an ultimately top-heavy, hop-heavy brew.
 I'm a dyed-in-the-wool hophead, but there can be too much of that thing. Needs more malt! Had to remove some drinkability points for that. 

No comments: