Monday, June 25, 2012

Stillwater Cellar Door Farmhouse Ale


"Cellar Door", …at least that's what I think it says…Stillwater Artisanal, American Farmhouse Ale. Wheat Ale brewed with white sage. 1 pint, 9.4 fluid ounces. 6.6% ABV. Brewed and bottled by Dog Brewing Company, Westminster, Maryland.

I've been looking at this one sitting in my DBF (dedicated beer fridge) for months now, and it's time to take it down.

Clear and golden, beautiful white head, looks inviting. Active carbonation, rising up from the bottom.

Gorgeous aromatics, lovely light spice, delicate and flowery, ooo, la la.

Tasting it: light bodied, smooth, zesty. Wheaty mouthfeel, flush with citric feel, and jazzed up with spice. Sweet and malty, with just a bit of bitter. In the saison style, with a spicy twist.

Let's just look at their words on this one. I'll have to cock my head sideways for this: "Starting with a base of GErman wheat and pale malts, this crisp slightly hazy foundation was then accented with a blend of Sterling & Citra hops that provide notes of herbal grass & tangerine citrus. To pull this all together and to complete the "cleansing" aspect of my vision, I gently finished the ale off with a touch of white sage, lending a mild earthy spice character to the blend."

What is the "cleansing aspect" of his vision? That's so many words. I guess I don't mind keeping my notes short and simple, once in a while. It's good and lovely and drinks like a dream.

Go, beer!

No comments: