Friday, February 21, 2014

Brooklyn Brown Ale

It seems like a left out one of the factors interfering with the progress of this blog. In addition to lack of time, and money, and access to the product on a Sunday shopping spree, there's also technological breakdowns. I've been experiencing some blips and gaffes on the MacBook Pro I use, and after writing a review, it kept telling me that the file couldn't be saved. Looks like a trip to the genius bar is in order. I thought I'd have to re-construct the notes from memory (not an impossible task, but a chore), because that bottle I had last night was the second of the two in the sampler pack...until I checked BeerAdvocate.com and lo, and behold, it appears that I reviewed this one for the first time 10 years ago, back in November of 2003, from a trade from a guy named 36LBLoveChild. Here are those notes:


Appearance: deep, rosy-reddish coppery hue, with a slim tannish layer of film atop.

Aroma: brown sugary sweet, notes of toffee and caramel, light, malty & pleasant.

Taste: hmmm....first of all, the neck label asserts that this asserts a higher hoppiness in contrast to the malt, but, oddly, that's not how I found this brew. Quite the opposite. To continue, tasty mouthfeel, richly rounding the palate and coating it good, brief, but tasty hops, lush, chocolatey malt. Medium body, feeling thinner as we drain the bottle, with a simple, but assured finish.

Definiely tastier than the milder versions out there, (I'm talking about you, Newcastle) but not by too much.

Looking back, this is definitely not word for word what I wrote last night, but it resembles the spirit, as well as the content. Using my super-memory, the one I received after being rocketed to Earth from the doomed planet Krypton and being granted miraculous powers by it's yellow sun, I seem to find everything in that decade-old review that I put to pixel yesterday evening.

No comments: