Saturday, January 23, 2016

Barley John's Brewing Company Pilsner

Here we have an unlabeled sample bottle of a beer only available on tap, or in a growler filled at the New Richmond brewery. I did not ask what method was used to fill it, and can only hope it wasn't filled from the tap and capped. I have not had good luck with those sort of samples. It was given to me two weeks ago and I feel bad that I haven't cracked it since. Time to right that wrong. Away we go...

Clear, and bright golden in color, with a fresh, white head that dissipates quickly.

Floral aromatics, lightly grainy/malty. Slight hoppiness. Classic pilsner profile.

Taste: crisp, clean, light bodied, easy drinker. Drinks down like a dream. Slight sweetness, excellent balance. Want a good lager, go get this one.

No comments: