Sunday, January 24, 2016

Insight Dank IPA

It's time for another sample bottle, this one the IPA from Insight called Dank. I received this on Monday, and I hope it's still good.

Clear, bright and golden, nice white head.

Aroma is big citrus and pine, lemon and lime, bits of orange here and there. Nice and floral, too. I like this.

Taste: Vibrant hop action on the tongue, on the palate, in the roof of the mouth and flooding to the back of the throat. Big, boisterous bitterness, followed by a calm and a cool. Hop bitterness clings and last, and it's quite likable to this ol' hophead. Lean-bodied, with the hops on top. Good drinking. Loads of hop flavor. I kind of like it.

Here's what the website says: We've taken this IPA up a notch with a ton of bitterness and hoppy goodness.  With a medium to light malt body, the focus of this beer is hops - to truly let them be the hero. A layer of earthy and dank hops on top of bold citrus characters make this beer our hoppiest to date.I
PA
notes:
DANK
GRAPEFRUIT
BITTER
availability:
LIMITED
abv:
6.5%
ibu:
91

Postal Script: I held back how much I hate the word "dank" as a descriptor. Because there are things that I cannot change, and there's no use whining all the time. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After work having this amazing feeling ever like relaxing after a long hard day its my favorite beer is right there waiting for you