Sunday, December 17, 2017

Millstream Oktoberfest

Millstream Oktoberfest. German-style marzen. Millstream Brewing, Amana, Iowa. Est. 1985. Brewers of Award-winning beers. 5.7% ABV, 20 IBU.

I got this bottle back in September, I think. From a Sample Man, who told me it was the finest Oktoberfest in all the land, none finer. Did he just say that in order to sell it, or was it actually true? I vowed to find out, and yet I was not moved to open the bottle until the middle of December. Oh, I suck.

But, let's drink the beer, shall we?

Clear, amber-hued, slim white head.

In the nose: soft and cereal-y, slightly sweet and malty.

In the mouth: Well-balanced malty flavors on the palate, easy as we go. Flat out nice, neither too this nor that. Smooth stuff, a right-there-in-the-pocket oktoberfest, no fuss, no muss.

I honestly wish I could find something more to say about it, but it just is what it is. Good marzen, and you can drink it.


No comments: