Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Ale Asylum Madtown Nutbrown Ale

Sometimes, I get a beer that I've had before, but not for a long time. And I did write notes on it, but long ago. So, I look at those notes and say "they are good." And I make a new post, with a picture of the beer I'm drinking now, and the notes I took, say, in August of 2007. Only 10 years ago, that's all? From a bottle purchased in Wisconsin, probably after going to Great Taste of the Midwest with Cal. And I never had another since? Well, there are so many more beers to try! And when in Wisconsin....well, we don't need to go there to get Ale Asylum, it's available here in Minnesota, now.

Wait....Madison...Mad-town...Ale...Asylum....oh, now I get it! Only took me 10 years.

Ale Asylum Madtown Nutbrown Ale, Madison, WI. 5.5% ABV. "A supremely diggable nut brown ale...." (is it an asylum or a cemetery?)

Caramel brown color, , slim head...

Sweetness in the nose, plenty caramel, with cocoa and nut tones...malt-alicious!

On the tongue, more of the same, but dry-ish....nutty and chocolatey.
Smoothness reigns here. And flavor is in abundance. Moderate carbonation, medium bodied, and the sweetness is tempered with light hops at each sip.


No comments: