Saturday, December 9, 2017

Oliphant Big Jilm Northern English-style Brown Ale .

Oliphant Brewing Big Jilm Northern English-style Brown Ale. 5.1% ABV. Canned on 08/22/2017. Somerset, WI.

Clear, reddish brown color, slim white head, drifting down in a quickness.

In the nose: sweet and malty, bright and fruity. Highly likable.

In the mouth: lean and clean. Low bitterness, mostly malty. Nicely balanced. Beautifully drinkable.

This is another one that I've either missed or passed up over time, because the style isn't one of my favorites. I'll take an IPA over a brown ale every time. I will drink them, though, and appreciate a good one. This one is one of those. Very nice. (I am disappointed upon looking at my Untappd activity that I've never even tried it. 189 check-ins for the brewery, and not once for this one, though it's been on when I've been there. Silly me.)

conan wrecks savage havoc on the world, by crom! big jilm leathers up for the cabaret. 

If you know what that means, you know more than me.

"Big Jilm" is a song on Ween's "Pure Guava" album that I haven't been able to get out of my head once it gets in, for twenty-five years now. Click on the video, and it'll get you, too. Or not. It's an acquired taste.

No comments: