Monday, December 11, 2017

Pryes Imperial Pumpkin

Pryes Imperial Pumpkin, a hand-crafted limited batch made with fresh pumpkins and natural spices. Bottle #129/250. 10% alc./vol. Pryes Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

I'm done with pumpkin beers. Never choose them for myself, and the heat is so off that I've skipped ordering kegs for the bar. But I heard good things about this very limited bottle (the first for Pryes) and though I missed it at the taproom, somehow a bottle found it's way into my hands. (Thanks, Alex!)

Clear, bronze/amber color, lasting, if small, white head atop.

In the nose: sweet pumpkin-y flavor, and some spices, creamy, and inherently likable.

In the mouth: fruit and vegetable rich and plump in the mouth. No hops, much malt, and sweetness int the flavor. Read that as: delicious. Just the right taste, going on here.

Alcohol rears it's head: 10%? Really? I guess so. Warm, rich, and wonderful. Well done. I liked this all the way through.

No comments: