Saturday, December 9, 2017

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery Blackbarrel Gold

Town Hall Blackbarrel Gold. Barrel-aged Belgian blonde infused with blackberries. What barrel? I can't find the information anywhere. Wait, found something. I'll post it later. 9.1% ABV.

Clear, bright burgundy color, slim head that drifts to nothing in no time.

In the nose: dark fruit, berries, bright, sweet, ...oaky. Lemony.

In the mouth: Lemon bursts first, followed by the berries, and only later do the aspects of the barrel eke out. As a blonde ale is the base, it is entirely smothered by the extra effects. But, sometimes, that doesn't matter and we take full delight in the after-effects. Oddly enough, I don't get quite as much of the bourbon flavors as I'd like, for the fruit seems to have smothered that. It seems. Maybe if I drink more, I'll get it. Maybe.

It is tasty, though. Strong, beautiful, delicious. Far from sublime, but full of slippery pleasures.

A strong Belgian blond ale infused with fresh blackberries, aged in bourbon barrels, and finished with a touch of fresh lemon. Bright tart fruit balanced by Belgian yeast esters, round malt, and lingering oak and bourbon.

No comments: